We have developed a very special relationship with nature and the environment in our fantastic location surrounded by meadows and forests with the most beautiful peaks of the German Alps – including Zugspitze – as a backdrop. We live with and in nature, and visit our mountains on a regular basis in both summer and winter.
This is the reason our hotel has decided to make our own contribution to the conservation of our environment and resources:
- The majority of the electricity we use is generated by a gas-fired cogeneration power plant (CHP). This significantly reduces the amount of power we need from external utilities.
- We also use heat recovery systems throughout the hotel. For example, the vents in bathrooms are connected to such systems so that the warm air can be recovered instead of simply releasing it outside in the winter.
- All rooms have master switches so that no electricity is wasted when guests leave the room.
- Waste separation bins are also found in every room so that guests can do their part by already separating paper and non-recyclable waste in their room.
- And we ask conference organizers to include the disposal of any excess packaging in the planning of their event.
- We already keep packaging to an absolute minimum in our delicious breakfast buffet to reduce unnecessary waste.
- In nearly all areas – especially throughout our entire, newly renovated Landhaus – we exclusively use warm light LEDs and energy-saving halogen bulbs.
We also train our employees in the responsible use of resources and environmental awareness in their daily work. Please support us in our efforts to preserve our beautiful region.
The future belongs to e-mobility. This is an irrefutable fact, which is the reason research and the automotive industry are driving this trend. We also have a special offer for our guests who are already e-mobile now or who would like to give it a spin:
- This mid-May, in addition to our existing fleet of mountain bikes, we will begin offering e-mountain bikes for our guests to rent and try out for themselves. Please note that e-mountain bikes are upon request and need to be ordered in advance.
- We have two charging stations for e-bikes where we can charge four bikes simultaneously and we will gladly assist you here if you bring your own e-bike.
- May brings all kinds new changes: This is when we will also be opening a charging station for electric cars that guests to our hotel or restaurant can use free of charge. We will gladly also help external drivers of electric automobiles if they happen to get into a pinch.