TRAFFIC IN GRAINAU: IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OUR GUESTS
Maintenance Works: Cogwheel Train Valley Section Closed Till 15.12.2023
06.11.2023 to 24.11.2023: Complete valley section between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Grainau is closed. There is a rail replacement service with buses. The stops Hausberg, Kreuzeck-/Alpspitzbahn and Hammersbach will not be served during this time!
25.11.2023 to 15.12.2023: Valley section between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Kreuzeck-/Alpspitzbahn is closed. There is a rail replacement service with connection to the cogwheel train at the Kreuzeck-/Alpspitzbahn stop. The Hausberg stop is not served during this time!
Check the provider website for updates:
Eibsee Road Closures
The upper area adjoining Lake Eibsee and Mount Zugspitze is subject to short-term closures in case of traffic overloads. The mountain road is then closed from the ‚Christlhütte‘ area and the upcoming traffic is directed on the same route (Road 2061) back to Grainau.
We kindly ask you to use the Eibsee Bus or the Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train to reach Lake Eibsee. If you still decide to go by car, plan your trip to possibly avoid the peak load times from 9 am to 5 pm.
Road Works At Oberer Dorfplatz in Grainau
Section Zugspitzstraße 1-5 in the Oberer Dorfplatz area in Grainau is fully closed in 2023 until further notice. The closure affects vehicles as well as cyclists and pedestrians. The bus stops 'Zugspitzbahnhof' and 'Postgasse' will not be served during this time. Traffic will be diverted to Schwarzenkopfweg, Alpspitzstraße and Waxensteinstraße. Road works are expected to be completed by the end of December 2023.
- Munich International Airport: Continue by train or rental car (132 km / 82 mi)
- Innsbruck Airport: Continue by train or rental car (65 km / 40 mi)
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Train Station: Continue by taxi, Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train or Eibsee Bus (8 km / 5 mi)
- Untergrainau Train Station: Continue on foot for 30 minutes (2.5 km / 1.5 mi)
- Zugspitzbahn Station Grainau - Badersee: Continue on foot for 10 minutes (0.8 km / 0.5 mi)
- Eibsee Bus from Garmisch-Partenkirchen, direction Eibsee: Next to the hotel (100 m / less than 0.1 mi)
Address for your navigation system:
Grainau 82491 | Am Badersee 1-5
DD: 47.473500, 11.015400
UTM: 32T 651860 5259753
- Autobahn A95 from Munich: 22 km (14 mi) / 20 minutes from highway end
- Autobahn A7 from Ulm via Reutte (Austria): 55 km (34 mi) / 45 minutes
- Autobahn A12 from Innsbruck (Austria): 57 km (35 mi) / 50 minutes
Feel free to park your car at the hotel entrance for check-in.
Later you can use our underground parking lot (parking fees apply), the parking lot behind the Landhaus (P2) or the normal parking spaces along the roadway.
CHARGING YOUR ELECTRIC CAR
We offer our hotel and restaurant guests three charging stations with a total of 5 outlets for electric cars. These stations are public and can be used by other drivers of electric vehicles as well. Our charging stations deliver 100% sustainable power from our local water power plant.
Location: Parking lot at the hotel entrance
Charging stations: 2 x Mennekes Amedio 22
Outlets: 4 x Typ 2 AC
Charging power: 4 x 22 kW
Location: Underground parking lot
Charging stations: 1 x Mennekes Amtron
Outlets: 1 x Typ 2 AC
Charging power: 1 x 22 kW
Roaming provider: Ladenetz.de
Direct payment: Credit card via App