Staying on or by the water on hot sunny days leaves nothing else to be desired. We will show you how to make a start as a "water rat" in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
Kayak, Canoe & Co
If you are an experienced paddler, try out a few routes on the Loisach, the Isar and the Ammer with a whitewater kayak. You can rent equipment and get advice on site from Wildwasser Werdenfels.
Here a couple of popular paddle routes in the neighborhood:
- Through the Griesen Gorge to Garmisch-Partenkirchen (4,7 km - descent 82 m - advanced)
- From Herrgottsschrofen over Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Farchant (9,8 km - descent 60 m - medium)
- Through the Ammer Gorge (12,1 km - descent 107 m - medium)
- Pfaffenwinkel kayak tour (14,8 km - descent 94 hm - easy)
Would you rather discover the placid lake landscapes in the Zugspitze area? Try out those alpine lakes:
- Eibsee (Grainau)
- Staffelsee (Murnau)
- Kochelsee (Kochel am See)
- Walchensee (Wallgau)
- Sylvensteinspeicher (Fall)
- Plansee (Reutte in Tirol)
- Blog: Ein perfekter Tag in Grainau: Kajaken auf dem Eibsee (in German)
Stand-up Paddle & Windsurfing
Stand-up paddling is getting very popular. You can do it on all lakes in our region.
NEW: Now you can rent a stand-up paddle board at the Hotel am Badersee - ask the reception desk.
Other equipment rentals:
Learn stand paddling with Wild South SUP
Stand paddling is the trend sport #1! Enjoy the beautiful nature of Garmisch-Partenkirchen from the water perspective - rent a stand-up paddle board or take a beginner course. Already an experienced stand-up paddler? What about trying whitewater stand paddling on the crystal-clear Loisach?
Info & bookings: