Enjoy a slide in the Zugspitze ski area with its 87 skilifts and 213 kilometers of prepared slopes. The 'Zugspitze' and 'Garmisch Classic' ski resorts can be easily reached from the Hotel am Badersee with the Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train.
Zugspitze Ski Area
9 skilifts and 11 slopes are waiting for you on the Zugspitze. And all that with 3 meters of natural snow, as no artifical snow facilities are available up here. The Zugspitze offers the longest winter season for skiing and snowboarding: the season sometimes starts as early as mid-November and goes on as long as the first week of May.
There are two options to get to Germany's highest summit: the traditional way with the historic Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train, or very modern with the Seilbahn Zugspitze cablecar that provides space for 120 people in each of its both cabins and thus brings up to 580 people per hour to the summit. The Seilbahn Zugspitze keeps 3 world records: it features the biggest difference in altitude between the hill and valley stations in a single section (1.945 meters), the worldwide longest cable span of 3.213 meters, as well as the worldwide highest steel support pillar.
From Mount Zugspitze you get a tremendous view over four countries - and lots of sun on most days. Don't forget to put on a good layer of sun screen. The special highlight on the Zugspitze is the Iglu Village that offers overnight stay and an Igloo Bar with fine drinks and cheese fondue at the elevation of 2600 meters.
Tipps & Infos:
- Seilbahn Zugspitze
- Slopes Zugspitze - Map
- Ski Rental on the Zugspitze (in German)
- Ski Schools in Zugspitze Area
Garmisch-Classic Ski Area
The Garmisch-Classic Ski Area offers a great variety of slopes from light-blue to black ones, above and below the tree line. Three cablecar facilities carry you upwards and five slopes take you down to the valley, including the notorous Kandahar World Cup downhill run. Meanwhile you can enjoy a ride on 20 various slopes high above. Chalets and snow bars complete the offer, and for anyone looking to check their skills at world champion level, the free BMW Racetrack at Kreuzwankl stays at your full disposal with official timekeeping and video record.
Tips & Infos:
- Slopes in Garmisch-Classic - Map
- Ski Schools in Zugspitze Area
- Drehmöser 9 Ski Chalet (1.326 m)
- Bayernhaus Ski Chalet (1.280 m)
- Garmischer Haus Ski Chalet (1.328 m)
- Kreuzalm Ski Chalet (1.600 m)
- Alpspitz Restaurant at Osterfelderkopf (2.033 m)
- Kandahar 2 Ski Bar at Kreuzeck (715 m)
- Riesserkopf- & Tonihütte Toboggan Chalet (1.125 m)
- Ski Rental Hausberg
- Ski Rental Kreuzeck
The Zugspitzarena includes the 'Zugspitze' and the 'Garmisch-Classic' ski areas, as well as the one in Mittenwald. Beside that, you can go ahead and discover the nearby ski areas in Austria: Ehrwald, Lermoos, Biberwier, Bichlbach, Berwang and Heiterwang. Should your holiday be long enough, you could try out the slopes in a new ski area every day and eye the multifaceted alpine region from different summits.
To let the kiddies enjoy their time on the slope as much as the parents do, the Garmisch-Classic Ski Area offers skilifts for children, childcare on the slopes, a magic skilift, a playground and a carousel. You can book a ski course for your kids at the Zugspitze-Grainau Ski School as well as other ski schools in the area. That way, your offspring promptly develops from a beginner snow bunny to a proficient winter athlete.
Ski Shuttle & Skipass
To save your time, you can purchase a skipass for any of the nearby ski areas at our hotel reception desk. Alternatively, you can try our special offers with skipass – they are a great opportunity to discover the 'Garmisch-Classic' as well as the 'Zugspitze' winter sports areas in just a few days.
With the ski shuttle or public transport you can easily access major ski areas in the neighborhood:
- On request our ski shuttle will bring you to the cablecar station of back to the hotel (additional fees apply).
- The Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train station is located only 650 m from the hotel and is accessible over a forest lane.
- The bus stop of the Eibsee Bus is just outside of the hotel - the bus will take you to the cablecar station or to the Zugspitzbahn train station.
Special offers with skipass:
- So high, so close - Weekend Special (2 nights with skipass)
- Snow Flurries - Excellent (3 nights with skipass)